How do I translate/convert this old function into the build in function?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Dynamic, heavy and powerful rock themes. 11 music tracks.
  • Hello,

I bought a game which I use as base to build up my own game. But it was build with the old function system. (See picture) How can I translate/convert it to the new build in function system. I contacted the seller but I got no response. Maybe somebody here can help me solve this. I read and watched some functions tutorials but I don't get it how I can build this old function with the new build in function system. I know I can add parameters to functions but what about for example the "Function.Param(1)"?

I hope somebody can help.

Thanks in advance.

• Rather than function.param(0) the parameters now appear in the list and look like variables so you just type the name of the parameter.

• Thank you for your reply lionz.

If I try to rebuild it the only function I find in this case in the list is "spawn". Where should I create the parameter param and how should it look like?

If I try to rebuild it in the original file then I find the parameter "param" in the list but I get an error because "Function.Param" does not accept 0 parameters.

I am completly new to functions and this is far beyond my capabilities I guess...

Is there a way to solve this without functions?

• When you create the function in C3, you right click on it in the event sheet and choose to add a parameter and you create it there. Then in another part of the event sheet where you call the function it will request a value for the parameter.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay, I'll try to figure it out where and why to put the parameter and stuff...

I guess I've to learn functions to understand how it really works. Because I have no idea where to add the parameter param.

Thanks for your patience and your help lionz

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)