Tilemap pathfinding?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • For the past 2 days I've been trying to get pathfinding to work with the tilemap in my game. For some reason it thinks that it should try to go through the wall or gets stuck on corners. Ex:

I have no clue why it keeps doing this. I've read forums upon forums and yet I haven't been able to find a solution. I'm trying to make one of the selling points of my game be the enemies advanced AI and when this happens it looks the complete opposite of that. Please tell me how I would go about fixing this.

• And, you are using the built in Pathfinding behavior? Finding a path to where the enemy should move to. Something like, "Event Condition(s)" > "Pathfinding: Find path to (Object.X, Object.Y"). Then "On Pathfinding path found" > "Pathfinding: Move along path"?

Also, making sure that the object it is trying to move through is a "Solid"? Also, double check the bounding/collision box, of the object it is colliding with?

• I am using the built in one and yes I am 100% sure it is solid.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'll be online for another 30 minutes. If you want to upload your .c3p, or some screenshots, I might be able to lend a hand real quick.

EDIT: I've got to get going soon. Hopefully someone else, provides some helpful advice to this issue. I would take a close look at your objects, and event sheets. Make sure there is nothing there causing this. Bugs can be tricky to spot. Some of the bugs in my projects I've spent hours, only to find something that was staring me right in the face the entire time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)