How do I stop the game when you collect ( ) of items collected?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A game with 3D terrain, realistic water and various 3D objects.
  • So, I'm new to this thing and I made an RPG game and you have to collect water buckets to win the game. I wanted the game to stop (stop everything) when you have collected enough items. I can't find a way to stop the game.

Thank you for any advice(s)/help if you have any! :D

Oh, and also, I'm using an instance variable in order to keep track of how many water buckets you have collected. I want a text to show up when you collect all of the water buckets and make the system (the game) stop.

Thank you again if you have any advice(s)/help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Put a Text Object where you want it on the screen and set it invisible by default.

Use 'Compare two values'. If (number of collected buckets) is equal or greater than (number of required buckets), use the 'Set Visible' action for the Text object.

As for stopping the game, there's multiple ways you could do. You could disable whichever behaviors you're using to control the character, or set the time scale to 0 in 'System'. But time scale 0 will make everything stop completely.

Ideally, you should give your player a way to restart the game without having to refresh/exit the game. You could use 'System -> Restart Layout' for that.

• Thank you so much for this advice/help! It helped me to finish the game! Again, Thank you so much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)