How do I get my sprite?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zb9FTGYpfHNvORuPY6zoAgZB3w9x9-St/view?usp=sharing

I really don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't move my sprite with any behavior. What I'm trying to do is make a multiplayer tag game, so I copied the tutorial with the multiplayer shooter game. Once the players are connected, they are supposed to be able to move.

I've done some debugging, and the players are sending the bits over the network, but they aren't moving themselves (Maybe platform behavior is not working?). The host has the same issue. Another thing to note is that sometimes when players spawn mid-air, they don't fall like they are supposed to. I've checked, and platform is enabled.

I probably just missed a step (note I haven't added lag compensation yet, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the movement) but if you can help me out it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Tagged:

• If you enable the Default controls in the platform behaviour and disable the Solid behaviour of GameBackground, then the player instance can move.

I don't know the details of how the solid behaviour is implemented, but I guess if something is inside a solid, it won't be able to move :P

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks! I completely forgot that I put the sprites over a solid. I needed the GameBackground for the border, So I just made 4 instances of it and put it around the border. I didn't even need to enable default controls. Everything works fine now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)