spawning unwanted objects.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hi Guys/Gals.

I am new to Construct 3.

I am making a top-down shooter I have this box if you shoot it spawns another sprite.

the problem is there are trees on the map but when I shoot the box it spawns the enemy sprite and these random trees.

I have looked to if I added a tree by mistake with the sprite checked the box nothing.

I moved the map to see if the trees are underneath the map nothing.

I click the enemy sprite and the trees at the bottom highlight I'm confused and stuck.

• Better if you can share the project or some screenshots, can't imagine what you're on about :)

• This is how the scene is meant to look.

These unwanted trees spawn along with the fly sprite.

When I click on the fly sprite these trees highlight and I'm not sure why.

thanks for the help :)

• The yellow highlighting means you've probably put the fly in a container with a tree. When you spawn a fly it will also spawn a tree. My guess is you've done this accidentally?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello I will send you the screenshot of my event sheet where I told the fly to spawn from the box.

• But are the fly and tree in a container? Look at the properties of the fly object. Or check out containers in the manual.

• Hi, I checked out containers and it said untitled background.

I unchecked the box and it has worked. thanks a lot I am grateful there are experienced game designers like yourself to refer to on here.

• Tree is tiled background right? Good, it's sorted then and no problem :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)