How do i set up a Decent Ability inventory system?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
🙌 Ability Skill UI Sound Pack comes with 115 high-quality sound effects
  • hi. I have a bunch of abilities in my game, and i've decided that the player cannot be allowed to have them all at the same time- not only are they a bit strong, but i also do not have enough keybinds. So i've decided to lock the amount of equipped abilities at a time. How can i build a system to select and equip abilities?

here's a rough mockup of how i'd like it to look.

though looks don't matter, the main thing is trying to lock the player to only using 3 abilities at a time, while also allowing any combination of abilities at a time. I've tried using arrays, but unfortunately i don't understand them and therefore don't have the slightest clue how to use them.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, i would greatly appreciate it!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could use 3 global variables which are the ability name then when you press the key it runs a function with that ability name, so if it is Q W E then you press Q and it runs variable 1 name through the function. Or if you click it then the same thing, grab the variable name and use the ability. The image doesn't really show much about the gameplay so hard to guess at this.

• hi. I have a bunch of abilities in my game, and i've decided that the player cannot be allowed to have them all at the same time- not only are they a bit strong, but i also do not have enough keybinds. So i've decided to lock the amount of equipped abilities at a time. How can i build a system to select and equip abilities?

here's a rough mockup of how i'd like it to look.

though looks don't matter, the main thing is trying to lock the player to only using 3 abilities at a time, while also allowing any combination of abilities at a time. I've tried using arrays, but unfortunately i don't understand them and therefore don't have the slightest clue how to use them.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, i would greatly appreciate it!

Use arrays, it's very easy. I made an example for you:

drive.google.com/file/d/1IB6FuXaL91fAdgoxx85bmMUSGUY83QFN/view

I hope it helps

• Use arrays, it's very easy. I made an example for you:

drive.google.com/file/d/1IB6FuXaL91fAdgoxx85bmMUSGUY83QFN/view

I hope it helps

this is almost exactly what i was looking for, thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)