Scrollable Menu?

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • > Which demo are you using? Mine or LaurenceBedford's?

> In the demo I posted, the scroll is limited by the size of the Panel object. You can manually place all your menu buttons on it, resize Panel to cover all buttons. Then Pin buttons to the Panel and the scroll should work correctly.

>

>

>

>

>

> Also, re-download the demo, I updated it a few minutes ago.

Im using yours. I had pinned the buttons to the panel and resized the panel accordingly, however when I scroll, I can simply scroll the panel off the screen, with all the buttons on it.

QQ:

if I'm doing it manually, I only need to use these events right?

snipboard.io/xPf1w9.jpg

These are not necessary if it's done manually (pinning the objects to the panel) ?

snipboard.io/CogeHA.jpg

• tf_likha Yes, if you are manually placing all buttons in the menu, you don't need those events. But you still need to pin the buttons to the Panel object.

• tf_likha Yes, if you are manually placing all buttons in the menu, you don't need those events. But you still need to pin the buttons to the Panel object.

Got it! I do have another Q though.

I copied the code and when I run it on your capx, it works fine. (The scrolling by dragging). There's this subtle movement and doesnt stop if you let go.

When I run it on my end, even with the same codes, the output isn't the same. It stops when you stop dragging it.

Is there a way to fix this?

My code: snipboard.io/qE5vKZ.jpg

Workboard: snipboard.io/FEemLD.jpg

Behavior of my panel: snipboard.io/UcnshE.jpg

mouse scroll is good but the dragging - I'm lost.

Here's my cp3 file: drive.google.com/file/d/1fObmx_IJQgDDWDrsyDK75abbGidZo62q/view

Oh and this one is what I did with your code: drive.google.com/file/d/1_JpiogcjIgclvPEBOARtJgQk7PXiOjYY/view

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You missed these two actions:

Edit: and also conditions comparing Touch.Angle in events 5 and 6.

• You missed these two actions:

Edit: and also conditions comparing Touch.Angle in events 5 and 6.

Oh! Got it!

The file I gave you apparently was faulty because I accidentally deleted the touch object.

After including it back, I was amazed that it suddenly worked on the testing capx (after including the events you marked with red)

The problem in my actual game file was that the "Touch" object was in a folder. But when I placed it out of the sub folder, it worked!

Good Lord I spent almost the entire day doing this. I'm going to cry hahahaha

Thank you for answering!

• Yeah, there is a bug in Construct with Touch conditions/expressions sometimes not working in "On Drop" event. It depends on the order you added these objects to the project, or whether they are in a folder.

• How can I do that Horizontally?

• How can I do that Horizontally?

Change drag&drop behavior to "Horizontal only". And then update all conditions and actions - for example change angle 90 to 0, angle -90 to 180, replace "Set Y" action with "Set X", height expression with width etc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)