Saving Unique File... But only few times? - (project bug)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Times Table. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Thanks sensei dop! I'm about to follow your instructions and do that test.

Before I go deeper to try replicate the problem as you suggested, I've added the "TempArray Set size to 0" at the start of event 185:

I've start creating MANY objects (but not as much as an actual creation will be) and as I look carefully on the side-screen with the Console, it updates with more sense as you've mentioned!

The size file became around 107k - So it means that the bug of the disappearing window is related to the file size somehow (still doesn't make sense to me but what do I know).

Some ugly temporary shapes (before I work on the actual assets)

The question is... what happens if and when the file will become around 1MB or more? (it can happen as I have layers of many objects to create)

Is there anything else I can make to reduce the file size?

or in other words... make sure this bug won't happen again?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So, is saving works fine now?

You can find out how many objects you need to add for the file size to reach 1Mb, I think a lot. And probably nothing awful will happen, but the file may take a bit longer to save - there will be a delay before "Save as" dialog appears.

• So, is saving works fine now?

You can find out how many objects you need to add for the file size to reach 1Mb, I think a lot. And probably nothing awful will happen, but the file may take a bit longer to save - there will be a delay before "Save as" dialog appears.

Yes for the current test I can pretty much add many more objects without the weird hidden-saving-window problem (btw it never appeared before, even if I wait 10 minutes) it just... wasn't there but ANYWAY that's a HUGE progress, THANK YOU SO MUCH Sensei Dop! :)

Just to be sure I'll keep on testing, tweaking more things instead of just placing objects over the screen while one eye on the other screen with the console open.

Maybe I should somehow... LOCK any mouse interactivity while saving and put some "SAVING... Please Wait " message on the screen.

I'm not sure how to LOCK all the mouse interactions or WHERE to insert such event, but do you think this idea could be useful or just waste of time / cosmetics, your opinion matters a lot! (I'm not just asking).

I'll keep updating if I'll find out something weird.. who knows, that's why I must test before I proceed.

• Yes, you should probably disable all controls or at least display a message "Saving, please wait" to the user.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)