How do I remove the border on Steam Deck?

1 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Here's what I currently see:

As you will notice, there is a border around the screen. Is there a way to remove this? I don't get this issue on PC or Mac.

Thanks

• Is that an nw.js or web export?

• NW.js. Version 60 so that Steam achievements work with Greenworks.

I unchecked the border + resizable window options thinking that might help, but it doesn't seem to make a difference on the Deck

• No ideas anyone? Nobody has run into this on the deck?

• Wish I had a deck to experiment with! Was going to mention the options but you already tried those. Maybe fiddle with the browser object and fullscreen settings?

• Hi, not sure if you're still having the problem. I also started working on a new game with Steam Deck in mind and I had same issue as yours at the start

To solve it I added the Browser plugin and set the action to full screen (I did stretch scale outer if that makes any difference)

On start of layout > request fullscreen

• F11 on your project but yes force full sreen on start or check in your project ans click on('project name) and check option on left bord.

• but CMR333 has right i think

• Thanks cmr333, I'll try that next time I do a build update on Steam ^_^

• A few things that might help others now that I've done a bit of testing:

• On NW.js export, set resize window to true
    • Letterbox scaling works well
    • Do not use an FPS limit on the game if you want good performance. Setting it to 60 makes the game, for some reason, stutter every few seconds. Unlimited is much smoother (even though it's a 60hz screen...).

The only issue I have now is choppy video playback. I can run 4K MP4 files without hassle, but for some reason compressed 2560x1440p webm files stutter a bit.

• Interinactive

Thanks for the tips. However, I'm having trouble even getting the game to run. Did you have this at first? Did you have to upload a specific build to get it to work on the Steam Deck?

On mine, I've uploaded a Linux version, but when I try to open the game it flashes up for a second before quitting instantly.

Found this thread through Googling this issue, and you're the only one I can find using Construct 3 and a Steam Deck.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Interinactive

Thanks for the tips. However, I'm having trouble even getting the game to run. Did you have this at first? Did you have to upload a specific build to get it to work on the Steam Deck?

On mine, I've uploaded a Linux version, but when I try to open the game it flashes up for a second before quitting instantly.

Found this thread through Googling this issue, and you're the only one I can find using Construct 3 and a Steam Deck.

Same here. Can't make my game work on Steam deck (tried even with compatibility modes - Proton Experimental and Ptoron 8.0-2 - the screen flashes at the start and diees.

If anyone had this issues on Steam Deck and managed to fix them - please reply! Thanks!

UPDATE: adding Greenworks plugin and Steamworks SDK files into the build .zip file as Greenworks requires to made my game not simply die on Steam Deck, but load indefinitely (forever). Not sure if it's better or worse =/

• Here's what I currently see:

As you will notice, there is a border around the screen. Is there a way to remove this? I don't get this issue on PC or Mac.

Thanks

Do you run your game with Greenworks and Steam SDK files integrated? I can't seem to find why my game is failing to launch on Steam Deck

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)