How do I remove ad id permission?

1 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • Hello everyone,

I see a warning on play console that I need to update my apps to support android 33 until 31st of August.

However when I uploaded my new build with r350 I see a warning on play console which says my file includes ''com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID''

Normally I don't request ad ids since my app is family program and made for kids.

Is there a way to remove this permission?

• Normally I export to Android Studio project. I open the manifest in Android Studio, delete <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" /> and add <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID" tools: node="remove"/>

I don't understand why even without checking "Require External storage write permission" in the export, it keeps putting that permission. Does it work correctly in "Signed Android App Bundle" export?

It would be nice if there was an option in the export to remove "com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID''. It's also easy to make a plugin for that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I dont see any such thing in the manifest file,may be there is more than 1 manifest.

Can you tell me in which folder it is?

• Thank you but now I am not able to export the project with android studio since there is no option to generate app bundle under build option.

• Go to the menu Build -> Generate Signed Bundle

Check Android App Bundle -> Next

Put the key data. I uncheck the "Export encrypted key..." option. -> Next

Choose release -> Compile

• That's What I wanted to say.I don't have that option under build.

• I am using the latest version giraffe.I just downloaded it yesterday.I see the folders in android studio but when I close the project and check desktop folder I dont see a gradle or .idea folder.

• Update your Android Studio or download the latest version.

With the project closed, delete the .idea folders and the .gradle folder.

When you open your project again everything will be fine.

Android Studio needs to run gradle for everything to work.

• Well I don't see any .idea or gradle folder in the folder.

• Hey how's it going?

I didn't take into account that detail where I use Windows and you MacOS?

You can view folders on MacOs as follows:

stackoverflow.com/questions/61816622/where-is-the-idea-directory-located-for-android-studio-on-mac

But there's an easier way. I installed Android Studio on a machine to track the error.

As you can see the error in my case. He recommends installing version 33.0.2. If your error is different, post here.

In my case, I simply go to settings and install the recommended version.

After installation, I do a new sync and everything works.

I recognize that it is quite boring, learning all this for someone who just wanted a simple tool like cosntruct3, but they are important things and will be useful in your next projects. Once you learn it, everything will be very easy.

• The problem was same on my side too and it worked.I managed to export and publish my updates.Thanks a lot for your help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)