How to put the game in one half of the screen?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • I mean, like a Game Boy, the screen is on the top and de controls on the bottom. I want to make a game for mobile and I don't want controls overlaping the game.

It's possible to run the game in one half of the screen only?

I learn about split screen and Canvas plugin, but has to be a simplest option to do this.

I put a black sprite covering half of the screen, but it's seems a very cheapy solution, the game is runing below too.

Thanks!

• I dont' see why overlapping the lower half with an image and have the camera offset so it looks centered on the player in the top/visible area wouldn't work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I dont' see why overlapping the lower half with an image and have the camera offset so it looks centered on the player in the top/visible area wouldn't work?

For example, I have the Bulge effect in the game, and that effect don't have a custom center(x,y), so the effect is in the center of te viewport, not the top half of the screen.

• I see your problem, drawing canvas would be a over-kill method for just that effect imo.

Best way would probably be a custom effect like ball but that lets you offset the center :/

Tbh If I were you I would just not use that effect. Sry I know that's not really helpful :D

I'll try to experiment maybe I can figure something out.

Do you only need to have that effect work or are there other problems aswell?

• I leave the sprite covering half of the screen for the moment ;) I thought there would be a more direct solution.

Another thing that I saw today. I have de camera offset from the main character 64 px apart and apears in the center of the screen zone. The problem is when I want to use "set layout scale" to zoom in and out, everytime the center changes and I have to recalculate for every posible level of zoom... :D

• offset/LayoutScale will automatically keep the offset correct when zooming.

• Is that an option or property? I can't find it

• Ok! I understand it, thank you ;)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)