How to put analytics in my game?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
[C2] [C3] Support C3 build service and Android 13
  • I'm working on a new android game, I'm about to publish it so this question came to me: How to put analytcs in my game to observe user behavior?

I searched in several places but I didn't find anything for android export.

This feature would be very useful to analyze the behavior within my game, so I ask you to please, is it really possible to do this integration?

Many thanks for the reply.

• GameAnalytics is free and pretty powerful tool, it works on iOS and Android. They have an addon for C3.

construct.net/en/make-games/addons/95/gameanalytics

• Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I see you have a lot of information about the GA plugin but it's complicated for me as I'm still a layman on this subject, is there any simple tutorial on how to integrate GA into Construct 3?

My main questions are: how to configure the plugin? how to initialize and log data?

• You need to register an account and set up your app on GA website first.

Add GA plugin to your project and configure the Game Key and Secret Key for Android in plugin properties. You can find the values of these keys in the app dashboard on the website under Settings.

Add "GA Initialize SDK" action to your loader or first layout.

This should be enough to track basic events, like app launches, playtime etc. If you need to track other things (for example level progression), you can do this too, just add these actions to your game events. For example:

When player starts a new level - GA Add Progression Event Start "Level1"

When player finished the level - GA Add Progression Event Complete "Level1"

Here is the official documentation, but it may be outdated:

gameanalytics.com/docs/s/topic/0TO6N000000XZEyWAO/construct-sdk

You can check if the integration works by clicking Realtime -> Live feed in the dashboard, the messages there usually appear within minutes. Note that you might need to wait for several hours or even days before the data appears in other screens.

• Thank you very much! Now it worked.

Just one more question, does GA work on the web? should do some different configuration?

• It does, you need to set up a web app in the developer console.

You'll likely have to upload the game to the actual webserver to test, it won't work in preview because of CORS restrictions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)