How do I push an other player !

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hey ! New here in the community of construct 3!

I am making my firsts prototypes. And i try to do a local multiplayer game just to test things.

I tried to make the player 2 pushed the p1 when he is in collision with him.

i tried to use vector.x then tried with 8 direction behavior.

Also tried old tutos who looks easy with " overlapping object " but i dont know why, its not working.

Please help me :(

• You're going to need to give more information to get help.

For example, if you mentioned what tutorial you tried to follow and show what you ended up with, someone would be able to say why it's not working.

Construct tutorials generally do not get outdated even from C2 to C3, so you don't have to worry about old tutorials. Even if there is a new feature that might make things easier, backwards compatibility is usually still there.

There's also many ways to do a particular thing so it helps to be specific. Here's one that uses tiles, which may or may not be relevant to you.

howtoconstructdemos.com/push-objects-in-tile-based-game-sokoban-style

Multiplayer adds additional complexity. If someone gets pushed do they lose control of their character for the duration? What happens if there is a conflict? It's best to work on your mechanics one at a time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes totally ! i figure it out with some Rex Move to !

but i have a new problem, when my Blue player is pushing my orange player to the left or right wall,

my orange player go on the player blue head.

ibb.co/zrz3fZr

• You're going to need to give more information to get help.

For example, if you mentioned what tutorial you tried to follow and show what you ended up with, someone would be able to say why it's not working.

Construct tutorials generally do not get outdated even from C2 to C3, so you don't have to worry about old tutorials. Even if there is a new feature that might make things easier, backwards compatibility is usually still there.

There's also many ways to do a particular thing so it helps to be specific. Here's one that uses tiles, which may or may not be relevant to you.

https://howtoconstructdemos.com/push-objects-in-tile-based-game-sokoban-style/

Multiplayer adds additional complexity. If someone gets pushed do they lose control of their character for the duration? What happens if there is a conflict? It's best to work on your mechanics one at a time.

So basically, its like in a 2d fighting game. If my P1 do nothing, my P2 can push him in the front direction.

If there is a conflict, the two players push each other, so they stand at the same place.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)