Can you point me in the right direction?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • I'm new to construct, have dabbled a bit in the past with some prototypes but now there is a plan for a small game. I am making a downhill skiing game where you evade obstacles like trees and i want the player to start moving down the slope automatically and only being able to move left and right, the downward motion is automatic.

I tried the bullet behaviour but that doesn't do what I have in mind. Would anyone be so kind to point me in the right direction.

• I would guess in that kind of game the player doesn't move but the obstacles spawn and move upwards to give the illusion that the player is moving down, and when reaching a certain Y off screen you can destroy them.

For moving them up I guess bullet should work but it wasn't good for you ? You can also try Move To behaviour to move them to certain location which does the same thing.

• I didn't think of that approach. In my mind the player would be moving. But moving the environment with the player only being able to go left / right is an interesting option.

Would that work the same as a scrolling background like in an endless space shooter? With sprites for the objects like trees?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes like this, better to give the illusion I think because no need to make a huge level that the player moves down. Keep the background very simple and it should all work well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)