How do I pick a Tiled Background from its family?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A collection of various zombie characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • mrmlabs

First, to clarify about Families : all objects in Families inherit instances variables, ex, 2 objects in fades family, and 2 instances variables (named so, Family instance variables) :

So if select 1 fade item, it have it's own instance based on family (that's [fades] mean)

So the question is, how do i get player_1 or player_2 to appear based on that global variable.

Hope it makes sense.

Yep! My better idea : your global var store the player.UID, and so you can Pick family instance by player.UID (your var)

• mrmlabs

First, to clarify about Families : all objects in Families inherit instances variables, ex, 2 objects in fades family, and 2 instances variables (named so, Family instance variables) :

So if select 1 fade item, it have it's own instance based on family (that's [fades] mean)

> So the question is, how do i get player_1 or player_2 to appear based on that global variable.

>

> Hope it makes sense.

Yep! My better idea : your global var store the player.UID, and so you can Pick family instance by player.UID (your var)

Great idea. But how do i do that selection? What actions do i need to put in the event sheet?

• Quick & Dirty : On click, change the current player, call a method to move it, that's all ^^/

Ex. file dropbox.com/s/dwvp9zrgggb50vm/Player_selector.c3p

• Thank you for this Nicolas....but it seems when i am trying to get the UID from that object is returning 0.

Do you know why is that happening?

• I think i know why i might not see that UID. Because the player selection happens in a different layout.

Any idea how do i go around this?

• Will it work if i make them global? Is there a better way?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Making both object in the family global did not do anything :(

• construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/common-features

IDS

Most objects also have two kinds of IDs: a unique identifier (UID), and an index identifier (IID). You can > read more about these in the section on instances.

You cannot have an UID at 0… you can check in the editor, each Sprite have an unique UID;

You pick the Sprite.UID, not the Family.UID?, then

Family (ie from a set of objects in the Family) pick (an unique) object with UID

Did you include Event Sheet which contain the global variable?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)