How do I open constrct3 local project folder with the latest version?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Ludo Local Multiplayer board game can be played by 2 to 4 players
  • Latest construct 3 update doesn't seem to open any of my previous files saved as local project folder format.

Here is the error log that I received from debug console which is not so useful.

[Project] Exception opening: TypeError: unexpected type

at R.i (main.js:903:461)

at d.VL (projectResources.js:1677:345)

at d.Vvc (projectResources.js:1677:47)

at d.zcb (projectResources.js:1656:313)

at d.iUb (projectResources.js:1733:196)

at async d.obc (projectResources.js:1732:242)

at async Ioa (main.js:727:412)

at async Voa (main.js:752:8)

at async Object.mJ (main.js:2378:319)

ln main.js:726

Ioa main.js:728

await in Ioa (async)

Voa main.js:752

await in Voa (async)

mJ main.js:2378

k startPage2.js:6

Link to download project

https://lb-api.cheapcdn.sbs/v1/pull_zones/61b4411be7be4c30846dbaa2/construct3/Construct3OldVersion_2022_10_15_Tests.rar

• I can open your project, but there is nothing in it except for sounds.

Try a different browser, or maybe clearing browser cache and data.

• Oops. Yea.. When I started with the browser with the newly cleared caches. I found the problem. It was because of the VS Code plugin that's not compatible with the latest Construct 3 update.

Is there a way to downgrade Construct 3 since it's browser based or is there a way to remove part the code from the old project file that is using VS Code plugin? Removing plugin always ask to install it again to open the project though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've tried to delete any related codes that uses the plugins in all files including objects from objectTypes, related eventSheets, project.uistate.json,objecttypes.uistate.json and c3.d.ts and still asking to install the plugin upon opening.. Please someone help me.

• You need to open the project in an old version of C3 - see which version it was saved with in the c3proj file. For example, if "savedWithRelease":25102, then open this url:

https://editor.construct.net/r251

Remove the VS plugin from the project and save. Then you should be able to open the project with the latest C3 release.

• Sorry to bother you and thanks a lot for your help and opening the project with the version last saved is the only way to save my previous projects as you suggested.

When I look at project.c3proj file, I found the following lines.

"projectFormatVersion": 1,

"savedWithRelease": 30802,

It seems to be last saved with 308.2

When I tried editor.construct.net/r308.2, it says not found

When I tried editor.construct.net/r30802, it says not found again.

When I tried When I tried editor.construct.net/r308, the old editor loads but can't open the project since it was saved with new version of "308.2".

How can I load the old editor with 308.2?

• Updated

When I opened with editor.construct.net/r308-2, it works perfectly. Thanks a lot for your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)