object never reaching pathfinding target spot

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • I think the main thing you noticed is it’s not stopping at an exact location, but it gets close.

Instead of checking if the x position is at 4050, you could check if it’s close. Say within 10 pixels away?

Pick sprite by comparison: abs(4050-sprite.x) <10

• Melkang's new check is: if its less than 4000 then go to 4050 so its within 50 now... They say they dont move at all ... prolly getting over written else where in the code

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • (fyi my pronouns are they/them but if its easier you can use she/her) umm I do have him starting on a solid but I have made it so that solids are not an obstacle (I think) the island has to be a solid so that the players sprite can walk on the ground (a floating island)

• oh and the UID is correct

• this is flauguses properties

• Melkang's new check is: if its less than 4000 then go to 4050 so its within 50 now... They say they dont move at all ... prolly getting over written else where in the code

wait did you edit it to use my pronouns? thank you! that makes me feel happy. also good morning from Minnesota

• I know physics behavior interacts poorly with other behaviors such as platform and it is advised to only use one, or if using both to work with enabling and disabling 1 at a time.

Could be something to do with that.

• > Melkang's new check is: if its less than 4000 then go to 4050 so its within 50 now... They say they dont move at all ... prolly getting over written else where in the code

wait did you edit it to use my pronouns? thank you! that makes me feel happy. also good morning from Minnesota

Of course I did ^.^

• just tried using only physics but for the future would you recommend using only platform or only physics (including with flaugus)

• > > Melkang's new check is: if its less than 4000 then go to 4050 so its within 50 now... They say they dont move at all ... prolly getting over written else where in the code

>

> wait did you edit it to use my pronouns? thank you! that makes me feel happy. also good morning from Minnesota

Of course I did ^.^

that makes me feel good a lot of people dont understand they/them pronouns and/or are transphobic about it

• just tried using only physics but for the future would you recommend using only platform or only physics (including with flaugus)

I don't use physics often so I am definitely no expert, but:

I would imagine there is times where one is better than the other. I think physics is meant for interactions like you would see in Angry birds. Where weight and speed matter against the objects they are hitting.

Platform you can think of side scroller games like Mario.

• I just tried only platform mechanics. also here is the islands properties (yes the island is named bob)

• Bob is a fine name for an island.

I think you should be good to remove every behavior from the Island other than Solid.

This should make the island just stay where you put it, while allowing Flaugus's to walk on Bob.

If you plan on having your Islands move, you can add Moveto behavior for that.

• I just tried that.. it still didnt work..

• discord.gg/KpF7ucXH

Do you have discord? It will be easier for me to respond while I’m not at my desk

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)