Multiplayer changing layouts?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • Within the multiplayer game (e.g. 10 players in a room), I'm trying to teleport any 2 players that collide with each other on to a new layout. They would fight then teleport winner back to original layout.

I had the trigger to have layout change when they collided but then I'm just not sure how to go about doing the rest. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

• Well I've managed to get the players to the new layout, just by including the previous layout event sheet in the new layouts event sheet. Also, by checking global property for the player character. However some erratic things begin happening with the peer (host seems fine). Moving just a little bit and then immediately getting teleported back to same spot and host not seeing any movement at all. Anyone have any ideas to solve this or can point me in the right direction? Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The host will also need to be on the layout for syncing positions to work. The behavior you describe is due to out of sync issues.

You can either move all players to the second layout, alternatively isolate the players in a special area in the current layout, or build your own data syncing mechanics.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)