How do I make move to position?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • I just updated to C3 a few days ago and can't believe that a simple Move To function like the Rex one is still not in C3 it's a most common requested future for years.

Ashley, can we get this in C3?

• Bison You can find MoveTo addon compatible with C3 runtime here:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/plugin-sdk-10/construct-3-runtime-a-few-cons-137539

• Bison You can find MoveTo addon compatible with C3 runtime here:

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/plugin-sdk-10/construct-3-runtime-a-few-cons-137539

Thanks for your reply dop2000 but my point is it has to be standard in C3, I don't want to use any plugins in a commercial project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bison This has been discussed many times, see these posts:

construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-440

construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-41

construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-574

Unfortunately, Ashley is convinced that MoveTo functionality can be replaced with Pathfinding and Tween and therefore a separate plugin is not needed.

• I'm very disappointment to hear this, we game designers and noob programmers use and pay for C3 to create our dreams and don't have to worry about coding, we want fast results as indie developers because it's already hard enough to develop games and make money with it as it is.

What I don't understand is why it's such a big deal for Ashley/Scirra to make this Behavior, and maybe respect there customers wishes?

As a noob programmer this simple function can make live so much easyer and love C3 so much more and tell friends how much they love there customers and listen to there needs.

I think you know to how difficult it is to create a professional game alone or with a small team, so much multi tasking etc.

In my and lot of other opinions it's just a basic Behavior that should be provided in a game engine.

I was joking (in pissed way) a few day's ago with some friends that has some experience with game engines, telling them I'm pissed off for a few days because need a smooth camera transition and there is no simple Move_To+Lerp Behavior/Function in the Game Engine I work with, first thing they both say was: What engine is it? Is it just Beta, or Open Source, WTF its so basic.

Then I told them that this engine is for over 9 years in development and It's pretty amazing what you can do with it.

They start almost pissing there pants, nice Game Engine you have if it don't even have the most basic Move To function in it. Don't even want to start the rest of conversation.

To tell the true, I was used since start 9 years ago that Construct was in development, but now I think about the fact how many people in the years wanted this in Construct, such basic Behavior and it's still not in there, it's really pathetic, no offence.

Please read this in a positive way, I don't have any purpose to set C3 in a negative way, I love all improvements what I see when stepping over from C2 to C3, but please Scirra, provide in C3 the most common functions, let us make games with C3 without need for custom plugins and show as thanks your: Made with Construct 3 logo in intro screen ;)

• After 5 day's still no comment or reply from Ashley/Scirra?

• What do you need to do with moveto?

• What do you need to do with moveto?

Move player invisible to X,Y position (multiple times when playing the game) and when player arrived the player becomes visible again and platform behavior has to be set back on, but have try it with tween behavior but it works stupid, when almost arrived it takes forever before it's at X,Y and the on tween finished don't work at all.

Piss me really off that so many customers want simple Go To behavior and that we just get ignored.

• If you want to move an invisible sprite, then you don't really need MoveTo. You can simply change player position after a delay. Say, wait or start a timer for distance(player.x, player.y, destinationX, destinationY)/100, and then set position to destinationX, destinationY. This will be the same as moving an invisible player at speed 100px per second.

But I agree that MoveTo plugin should be included in C3 by default. There are so many situations where it's needed and it's not always possible to replace it with Tween/Bullet/Pathfinding or some other behavior.

• > What do you need to do with moveto?

Move player invisible to X,Y position (multiple times when playing the game) and when player arrived the player becomes visible again and platform behavior has to be set back on, but have try it with tween behavior but it works stupid, when almost arrived it takes forever before it's at X,Y and the on tween finished don't work at all.

Piss me really off that so many customers want simple Go To behavior and that we just get ignored.

If you haven't heard before Ashley is not found of people rewriting his code and calling it theirs. Port-ing was the term he used.

So no need to be pissed off.

• > What do you need to do with moveto?

Here is an example for you.

dropbox.com/s/jx9kfl2pfohgx2x/tweenexample.c3p

Tween does what you need to do, just named differently. There are some differences between rRx's move to plugin and the tween behavior, but none that would affect the majority of use cases for them.

Perhaps you should spend less time being pissed off and complaining, and learn how to use what is available instead. Tween IS the simple go to behavior that many customers asked for. Not only did the developers address the community regarding this many times, they actually did make it, so saying you've been ignored is just absurd and ungrateful. Not the best approach when asking someone to do something for you.

• > > What do you need to do with moveto?

>

> Move player invisible to X,Y position (multiple times when playing the game) and when player arrived the player becomes visible again and platform behavior has to be set back on, but have try it with tween behavior but it works stupid, when almost arrived it takes forever before it's at X,Y and the on tween finished don't work at all.

>

> Piss me really off that so many customers want simple Go To behavior and that we just get ignored.

Here is an example for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx9kfl2pfohgx2x/tweenexample.c3p?dl=0

Tween does what you need to do, just named differently. There are some differences between rRx's move to plugin and the tween behavior, but none that would affect the majority of use cases for them.

Perhaps you should spend less time being pissed off and complaining, and learn how to use what is available instead. Tween IS the simple go to behavior that many customers asked for. Not only did the developers address the community regarding this many times, they actually did make it, so saying you've been ignored is just absurd and ungrateful. Not the best approach when asking someone to do something for you.

Thanks Oosyrag, I got it already working, and yes I have a short fuse, can't change that, but still Tweening ain't the same as MoveTo, it also needs a lot more actions/code to get same results, while it won't even get same results, but was able to use some tricks to get it working in the situation I needed it for at the moment, it still should be nice if we had a simple MoveTo behavior as well, it works more to the point and user friendly.

Tweening can't do the exact thing as MoveTo and it's broken, it never trigger a end tween.

• The end trigger does work. Did you check the example?

• The end trigger does work. Did you check the example?

Have check it again, and oops, in your example/case it works, in my situation it won't work, so made a w8 timer with same time as the tweening supose to work and end the tween when time is eleapsed, if I don't put a w8 timer and stop tweening the tweening never stops/end.

My point is not who is right or wrong, but things works for some stuff you do with it and other situations it don't work.

Why have to create a extra object + extra 6 actions to do the same what you can with MoveTo in one action with same object in my case?

I keep saying, it's pathetic that there is no simple MoveTo behavior in C3, every other game engine has it, what if I creating a game and needed this function for several occasions?

Think about it.

Would thank you for your help and response buddy, no offence ;)

• I fully, fully agree with Bison. I'm a fan and an advanced user of Construct 2 & now 3.

But I think that Ashley is really loosing his mind : not a simple move behavior, and new features like including javascript for exemple...

I think he's forgetting now what was the genius of his project : offer with construct a simple, but sophisticated, but simple, way to program games.

No response from him ? Sad, but predictable : he's lost in his own programming circle...

Really sad, and Construct 3 is becoming a gothic thing, soon with no interest.

Sadly,

JM Maman

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)