How would I make a menu like this that scrolls like a revolver to quick choose an item/character?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • It's hard to say why without seeing your code. Could you share your project? Or a screenshot?

• I believe UIDs change at runtime depending on the amount and order of objects. So instead of writing UID 521, which could be anything, write Sprite.UID (replace sprite with the name of the object you're trying to pin it to)

It does this, I haven't been able to figure it out. I've been looking through forum posts, I can't seem to find a solution.

• The project is private and extremely large, so here's the code. This is the *only* code related to the revolving menu.

• Ok thanks—if you can't share it, can you describe what's happening/what's supposed to happen?

• So, my intention is to have the head sprite locked on to one of the little circles. Each circle will have a new head when you play through each chapter of the game. This little revolving menu is how you'll select your party members. Each head will resemble a party member. I've added a little overlapping sprite, and when it overlaps with the head & circle, it'll choose what party member based on a variable/string within the head.

• So, my intention is to have the head sprite locked on to one of the little circles. Each circle will have a new head when you play through each chapter of the game. This little revolving menu is how you'll select your party members. Each head will resemble a party member. I've added a little overlapping sprite, and when it overlaps with the head & circle, it'll choose what party member based on a variable/string within the head.

The code which i assume is important in this situation is

+ System: Layer "REVOLVER" is visible

----+ revolverpiece: Pick nearest to (REVOLVEHEAD1.X, REVOLVEHEAD1.Y)

-----> REVOLVEHEAD1: Set position to (revolverpiece.X, revolverpiece.Y)

• > So, my intention is to have the head sprite locked on to one of the little circles. Each circle will have a new head when you play through each chapter of the game. This little revolving menu is how you'll select your party members. Each head will resemble a party member. I've added a little overlapping sprite, and when it overlaps with the head & circle, it'll choose what party member based on a variable/string within the head.

The code which i assume is important in this situation is

+ System: Layer "REVOLVER" is visible

----+ revolverpiece: Pick nearest to (REVOLVEHEAD1.X, REVOLVEHEAD1.Y)

-----> REVOLVEHEAD1: Set position to (revolverpiece.X, revolverpiece.Y)

The issue is that the head sprite doesn't properly connect to the circle sprite. It's off in the corner, although it still follows the movement of the rotation. It, just not in the place it's supposed to be.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It sounds like the origin point of your Head sprite is in the wrong place. Try opening the Head sprite in the animation editor, clicking on the Image Point tool, and putting it in the center of the sprite (see image)

• I SHOULD'VE THOUGHT OF THAT! Thank you!! <3

• Sure thing! The folks who were helping you out earlier gave far smarter and more useful advice—I'm happy to help with the obvious bits!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)