Level Editor (Grid)

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • hello, I'm creating a level editor game and I need help with some things.

1. Grid, my tiles are 32.32 and I don't know how to make them move with perfection equal to Lunar Magic, whenever I select them to move it gives an unpleasant start I use the code round(Toque.X/32 )*32

Lunar Magic

this is my tile, it's not cool

2. it would be possible to increase the width and height of the tile as shown in the image below

I would use Mosaic but I prefer manually to animate the tiles in the future and do other things, these are my doubts for now, if you can create a tutorial template please

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • when i try to move a bigger object it gives these jerks how can i move smoothly in 32.32 ?

• when i try to move a bigger object it gives these jerks how can i move smoothly in 32.32 ?

It works fine for me:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/robc1y4xbj84bai/Grid%20Move.c3p?dl=0

Judging from the Picture have you added an event to cover?:

On Drop:

Set X = round(Self.X /32) * 32

Set Y = round(Self.Y /32) * 32

• > when i try to move a bigger object it gives these jerks how can i move smoothly in 32.32 ?

It works fine for me:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/robc1y4xbj84bai/Grid%20Move.c3p?dl=0

Judging from the Picture have you added an event to cover?:

====Yes====

On Drop:

Set X = round(Self.X /32) * 32

Set Y = round(Self.Y /32) * 32

thank you very much it worked you are amazing, now tell me how do i resize the tile in real time after being selected just like in this image?

• thank you very much it worked you are amazing, now tell me how do i resize the tile in real time after being selected just like in this image?

I want the player to be able to resize some tiles to make it easier, and prevent the CPU from getting overloaded with hundreds of mini tiles on the screen

• > thank you very much it worked you are amazing, now tell me how do i resize the tile in real time after being selected just like in this image?

I want the player to be able to resize some tiles to make it easier, and prevent the CPU from getting overloaded with hundreds of mini tiles on the screen

Np glad it was helpful)

I suppose you are referring to resizing a TileMap instance, not a single sprite?

Here is one way of doing it:

Not sure the logic you had in mind to trigger the Tile Auto Resizing but here I did it by:

Shift Is Down

---Touch Is in Touch: >>>> Resize TileMap

You can change it to your like if you had something else in mind

Note:

Here there is just one TileMap so its easy to pick it up but if you think you gonna have more than one Tile in the layout you will need to pick the right one before you resize, I will just put a simple Boolean "Active" and on Tile clicked set Active = True

And deactivate all the other ones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifvuhv477rmw430/Resize%20Map.c3p?dl=0

• > > thank you very much it worked you are amazing, now tell me how do i resize the tile in real time after being selected just like in this image?

>

> I want the player to be able to resize some tiles to make it easier, and prevent the CPU from getting overloaded with hundreds of mini tiles on the screen

Np glad it was helpful)

I suppose you are referring to resizing a TileMap instance, not a single sprite?

Not sure the logic you had in mind to trigger the Tile Auto Resizing but here I did it by:

> Shift Is Down

> ---Touch Is in Touch: >>>> Resize TileMap

Note:

Here there is just one TileMap so its easy to pick it up but if you think you gonna have more than one Tile in the layout you will need to pick the right one before you resize, I will just put a simple Boolean "Active" and on Tile clicked set Active = True

Thank you very much for your help, I got here thanks to you

• answer me a question please, if I used instead of several sprites of each tile, then I changed to Mosaic for each tile would a mosaic be worth it would it weigh more on the CPU memory than the sprites? I say this because I want to resize some sprites on the fly to make it easier with the tilemap plugin

• > > thank you very much it worked you are amazing, now tell me how do i resize the tile in real time after being selected just like in this image?

>

> I want the player to be able to resize some tiles to make it easier, and prevent the CPU from getting overloaded with hundreds of mini tiles on the screen

Np glad it was helpful)

> Shift Is Down

> ---Touch Is in Touch: >>>> Resize TileMap

Note:

this what i want to do in real time please show me how

• answer me a question please, if I used instead of several sprites of each tile, then I changed to Mosaic for each tile would a mosaic be worth it would it weigh more on the CPU memory than the sprites? I say this because I want to resize some sprites on the fly to make it easier with the tilemap plugin

I'm not sure I follow you now:

If you resize a sprite it will stretch the Tile but you are not gonna have the same effect as the TileMap or a TiledBackground which repeats the Tiles or maybe I didn't understand you properly? if you trying to do the same using Sprites you will have to (Destroy & Create Tiles) in sequence.

What are you trying to do? can you explain a bit more because of this part:

"I say this because I want to resize some sprites on the fly to make it easier with the tilemap plugin"

Not sure what you mean, how that will help the TileMap?

• > answer me a question please, if I used instead of several sprites of each tile, then I changed to Mosaic for each tile would a mosaic be worth it would it weigh more on the CPU memory than the sprites? I say this because I want to resize some sprites on the fly to make it easier with the tilemap plugin

>

>

>

I'm not sure I follow you now:

If you resize a sprite it will stretch the Tile but you are not gonna have the same effect as the TileMap or a TiledBackground which repeats the Tiles or maybe I didn't understand you properly? if you trying to do the same using Sprites you will have to (Destroy & Create Tiles) in sequence.

What are you trying to do? can you explain a bit more because of this part:

"I say this because I want to resize some sprites on the fly to make it easier with the tilemap plugin"

Not sure what you mean, how that will help the TileMap?

Thanks I managed to do with your help this topic is solved

• Np glad it was helpful!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)