Image points not sticking, and sprite-shifting

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi folks,

Having some trouble with image points and my sprites doing weird things in the editor.

I really don't know what the issue is, cause when I import from a gif everything is fine- until I start fining things down and putting in origin points. From there, regardless of where I put the Point- it never stays. It's in the bottom on one frame, then in the middle, then the top, and so on. No matter what method I use, it moves all on it's own.

More annoyingly, when I cut the sprites down with trimming the transparent edges, I wind up having an idle animation that shifts from side to side as the software thinks the black spaces are in weird spots. I really don't know how to fix that, and manually moving everything doesn't seem to do it.

Anyone got any ideas?

• It could be a bug similar to this:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/5570

After using the Crop tool, try closing the animation editor. Then open it and adjust the positions of image points.

If you are certain you found a bug and can reproduce it - please post a bug report.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That happened to me a few times, but I did get it to eventually stick by closing the animation window and running a test of the game. Though my sprite still distorts a bit on her idle animation, in a way that I cannot seem to figure out using the animation window- as it doesn't do so there.

It's quite weird.

Any tips for making sure animations don't get wonky? Thank you for the help btw, I'll file a bug if I can get it to happen again today.

• Well, both issues fixed themselves- neato!

Now, to figure out why my bullet spawns at my feet every so often when I fire too fast...

There some way to exclude origin points or something?

• Now, to figure out why my bullet spawns at my feet every so often when I fire too fast...

Do you spawn the bullet at a specific image point on the character sprite? Maybe that image point is missing in one of the frames.

• That's a good theory, and I appreciate it- but I made it so the animation only has the one frame to go off of, and I wound up fixing it in a roundabout way; I simply made the animation much faster, so no matter how fast I press the key, it keeps up.

Now, to figure out why some of my objects have a proper collision event option, and some do not.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)