IGNORE mouse clicks for X seconds ?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • It's not on this screenshot.

You need to check the events where you open the dialog, and On Dialog Cancel. Add browser logs, see which of these events are firing again when you double-click Cancel button. If you can't figure it out, post your project file.

• It's not on this screenshot.

You need to check the events where you open the dialog, and On Dialog Cancel. Add browser logs, see which of these events are firing again when you double-click Cancel button. If you can't figure it out, post your project file.

That's what I actually did all day long, anything related to the Dialog trying to hunting it down, no matter what I disabled (for example Cancel) or any functions related, anything the bug was still there that's why I strongly believe it is something on the nw.js and not in the code, because even if it's just what you saw on the screenshot and nothing else, the bug is there.

I'll have to wait for either the nw.js bug fix or a future feature for "IGNORE MOUSE INPUT" so I can handle it somehow, I believe that there are other ways to do that... I do have some ideas but I'm trying to go for the simple most efficient ways first.

I'll keep trying to look if I actually missed anything, I'm using the Ctrl+F to find anything related to the window dialog so I don't believe I missed it when disabling most of them and still.. the bug was there again and again.

• Can you post a screenshot of "On dialog cancel" event? And also the contents of the browser log when you double-click Cancel button.

Also, I'm sorry I mislead you with the TextBox solution, turned out it only works with C2 runtime. In C3 runtime it doesn't block mouse clicks...

• Can you post a screenshot of "On dialog cancel" event? And also the contents of the browser log when you double-click Cancel button.

Sure, but before I do that... I got a question:

Do you test it using Chrome / Browser ?

Because I'm using the desktop version (I hate the browser version for so many reasons)

Anyway.. I just did a FIRST TIME test within Chrome Browser! and... there are SO MANY BUGS!!!

Everything is wrong with the code using the browser, I can't even begin describing the slowish loading, the delay between clicking buttons.. OMG! I'm going back to my favorite Desktop Built!

I noticed that in the Browser there is no such BUG! only on the desktop built... it can't be the code now, is it? that's why I must ask what you used when you had no issue, the browser I guess?

Also, I'm sorry I mislead you with the TextBox solution, turned out it only works with C2 runtime. In C3 runtime it doesn't block mouse clicks...

No problem all your help is always appreciated, work or not, it worth trying I'm learning a lot from you! :)

• I'm using Desktop version, simple code, no bug.

• I'm using Desktop version, simple code, no bug.

Just tried what you did, but even without the 2 lines...

What's the conclusion? Desktop-Built Bug? (I'm using the latest STABLE version)

or nw.js Bug? (already reported)

I don't even need to click fast as double click but just chilling a second and click while my mouse cursor is on the same spot... this is wrong for sure!

the bug won't appear on the browser from what I tested (my software will use .EXE with nw.js since unfortunately we don't have native export in C3)

So it's not the code, but still... I'm confused! :|

Get The Test File:

C3 Project File - DOWNLOAD to Test this weird bug

• Ok, I feel bad now, it's the second time I was wrong in this post.

This is a bug, but I swear it wasn't happening yesterday! Your project must have infected my NWJS with this bug :)

I reported it on Scirra bug tracker:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3465

To work around this bug - after opening the dialog you can deactivate the group with "On LoadButton clicked" event, and when dialog is closed/cancelled, wait 0.5 seconds before re-activating the group.

• Ok, I feel bad now, it's the second time I was wrong in this post.

This is a bug, but I swear it wasn't happening yesterday! Your project must have infected my NWJS with this bug :)

I reported it on Scirra bug tracker:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3465

No Problem sensei, as I said I'm always learning from you and I appreciate it!

I'm actually glad it's a bug because it means the code is fine (in that department at least)

Thanks for reporting, I hope it will get fixed because it is a weird one that users will notice sooner or later anyway.

To work around this bug - after opening the dialog you can deactivate the group with "On LoadButton clicked" event, and when dialog is closed/cancelled, wait 0.5 seconds before re-activating the group.

As I mentioned before, I tried this with 0.25 (which is enough) but the problem is, not sure if you remember when I Enable one group I Disable other group (Load / Import) which are sub-groups in a main EXPORT IMPORT group and it's so much complex and tricky to do that in my case now (I tried all day long hehe) also there is a SAVE LOAD group that holds the sub-groups of Save and Load (separate groups) and if I disable these... the moment I enable it back (after the wait is finished) on cancel, both the Enable / Disable options are ON or OFF together so it makes the One OFF vs ON to BOTH ON or OFF so it makes my specific code a messy and of course the "bug" won't be solved completely that way.

In other words, this solution is a messy one for my current project so I hope it will get fixed in a more "natural" way either than expanding the code manually inside each group (because I have no other choice as I explained).

Thanks for exploring this, I really hope it's something that will be fixed soon so we can give it a try and see how more natural things will work with the NWJS dialog window.

Still... I don't understand why we're not having a simple: "Ignore Mouse Input" (or Keyboard/Joypad) as a general built-in event/action, it's a very basic need that could help not just in this case but in so many other cases.

I wish we had it but from my experience, asking for features is always denied with the same answer of "not needed" and show a very longer way to do things to walk around so I don't even bother suggesting this feature.

Just imagine how simple things would be with such built-in function in C3 ! (I would use it a lot, especially for game projects)

• Make a separate group for Load button, deactivate and re-activate it with a delay. Another option is to use a boolean flag (instance variable on the button). Use it to disable the button, check for this flag in "On clicked" event.

As for "Ignore mouse input" - you can suggest this as an idea.

construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas

• Make a separate group for Load button, deactivate and re-activate it with a delay. Another option is to use a boolean flag (instance variable on the button). Use it to disable the button, check for this flag in "On clicked" event.

I believe it should work with the button switch (on/off Boolean) but still what a messy work-around it will look on my current code/groups so I really hope that a NWJS bug-fix will arrive sooner or later, if not... I'll probably try to solve it with the suggested ideas. thanks! :)

As for "Ignore mouse input" - you can suggest this as an idea.

https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas

As I said, from my many bad experiences before suggesting ideas is 99% a waste of time... I explained why, that's why I stopped suggesting features...

I strongly believe that "Ignore User Input" (on/off) for Mouse, Keyboard, Joypad should be a built-in but, maybe Scirra will realize in the future when other users will look for such basic efficient function to use.

• Many good ideas are getting implemented. This one seems quite useful so maybe it will not go unnoticed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Many good ideas are getting implemented. This one seems quite useful so maybe it will not go unnoticed.

I agree, I think it could be VERY useful, thanks for the encouragement :)

I just post it, please HAVE A LOOK and feel free to vote, I don't remember how it works...

As you already know my English is bad but I did my best to describe it + Few Examples.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)