Is this idea cooked?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • I am basically crying inside right now. This is a follow up to a previous idea I have tried to implement and basically what i am trying to do is add an ID system to my spaceship-based game in which AI enemies on the same team can share things like their target's X and Y position, Leader's X and Y, etc.

There are three attempts i have made to try and implement this:

Unfortunately, none of these have worked. This is one of the core aspects of my game which i hope to release by up to the end of march and if anyone knows the answer to the the initial question.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Accidentally added an image from another game, whoops.

• add an ID system to my spaceship-based game in which AI enemies on the same team can share things like their target's X and Y position, Leader's X and Y, etc.

I don't understand your screenshots, but this is definitely possible.

Add a bunch of instance variables to enemies, like TeamID, TargetX, TargetY etc. Pick the enemy instances belonging to one team, assign the values to them.

I suggest adding Enemy sprite to a family and defining all variables on the family level. This will give your more flexibility further down the road. Say, you need to pick enemies from one team and check if they have line-of-sight to another team, you can do this:

EnemyFamily team="A"
    EnemySprite team="B"
    EnemyFamily Have LOS to EnemySprite

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)