Help with Responsive Screen while using Fullscreen Mode: LetterBox scale

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello Everone,

I watched a video on YouTube about Responsive Screen and it did the trick where it worked on all screens. However, there is a problem with viewport of the project not sure how to explain it in words LOL so please see the video first:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

As you can see I changed the color of the viewport so you can see my problem. I want to delete/cover these lines is there a way or not. I tried moving the Skip Button up, but it goes off screen.

Not Sure what to do, any help will be great.

P.S. I used all Fullscreen Modes all of them have some other problems and that is why I chose the LetterBox scale Mode

• Letterbox scale isn't ideal when catering for different screen sizes on mobile, as even though you can change the colour of the bars, its limited to one colour. So if your game has multiple different backgrounds, you'll end up having bars just in a different colour.

Try full screen mode: scale outer and set your backgrounds around 20% larger than your viewport. This means you can have a range of different backgrounds that'll fill the whole screen

Here's an example of how it looks and displays on a 20:9 device/1080x2400 (pixel 6)

On a regular 16:9 device the "fire rate" bar and buttons would be perfectly level with the bottom of the screen but because the aspect ratio on this device is so much longer, I've extended the background to cover - just have to make sure the background looks right with the UI

Edit: blackbar at the top varies from different devices - this is because when exporting I opted not to have notification bar hidden. This helps with phones that have the camera in the screen rather than above it, none of the game is hidden by the camera. On phones where the camera is not in the screen, you would see normal notification bar with time/notifications. Pixel 6 requires you to pull down from the top to see the time when a game is running FS

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Letterbox scale isn't ideal when catering for different screen sizes on mobile, as even though you can change the colour of the bars, its limited to one colour. So if your game has multiple different backgrounds, you'll end up having bars just in a different colour.

Try full screen mode: scale outer and set your backgrounds around 20% larger than your viewport. This means you can have a range of different backgrounds that'll fill the whole screen

Here's an example of how it looks and displays on a 20:9 device/1080x2400 (pixel 6)

On a regular 16:9 device the "fire rate" bar and buttons would be perfectly level with the bottom of the screen but because the aspect ratio on this device is so much longer, I've extended the background to cover - just have to make sure the background looks right with the UI

Edit: blackbar at the top varies from different devices - this is because when exporting I opted not to have notification bar hidden. This helps with phones that have the camera in the screen rather than above it, none of the game is hidden by the camera. On phones where the camera is not in the screen, you would see normal notification bar with time/notifications. Pixel 6 requires you to pull down from the top to see the time when a game is running FS

WoW, Thank you that Helped A lot :) but quick question for the background are u using a tiled background or sprite ?

Thank you

• No problem, hopefully will save you some time in the future. And that's just a sprite. Same goes for a tiled background though, just over run the viewport to cover different aspect ratios

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)