Glitch/lag on first-person camera view? Help please

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello there,

I have been playing around with the construct3 3d demo. I'm relatively new to the new Construct 3 functions. I wanted to combine three 3d games (first-person view from one, third person from another, jump action from another example).

In the third-person view, the camera seems to work just fine. However, when you switch to the first-person camera view, if you try to lock the mouse and move around, the camera will randomly glitch (it's like a lag, the camera will look somewhere else randomly). I have no idea if I did some bad logic, I tried to disable almost all the events and the glitch seems to happen all the time. Even if I disable the third-person view, the glitch is still there.

I have been trying to figure out what's happening for 2 days now. I tried 2 or three times with several logics, but all the time I get always the same glitch. Note that the first-person view is taken from one demo which works perfectly.

Here is the project: https://umbriadesign.it/first-camera-test.c3p

To switch the camera, press 1. to jump press space.

Thank you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello there,

I have been playing around with the construct3 3d demo. I'm relatively new to the new Construct 3 functions. I wanted to combine three 3d games (first-person view from one, third person from another, jump action from another example).

In the third-person view, the camera seems to work just fine. However, when you switch to the first-person camera view, if you try to lock the mouse and move around, the camera will randomly glitch (it's like a lag, the camera will look somewhere else randomly). I have no idea if I did some bad logic, I tried to disable almost all the events and the glitch seems to happen all the time. Even if I disable the third-person view, the glitch is still there.

I have been trying to figure out what's happening for 2 days now. I tried 2 or three times with several logics, but all the time I get always the same glitch. Note that the first-person view is taken from one demo which works perfectly.

Here is the project: https://umbriadesign.it/first-camera-test.c3p

To switch the camera, press 1. to jump press space.

Thank you

I just downloaded your .c3p, and everything seems to work fine on my end. Unless I'm just not noticing the glitch you mentioned. I tested it at a few different refresh rates. 60hz, 120hz, and 185hz. The FPS HUD always matched the refresh rate in game(as it should).

I ran around the entire level multiple times in third, and first person view, and I didn't notice any random camera movement in first person view. It seems to follow my mouse exactly as the First Person example built into Construct 3 does.

Maybe someone else can also give it a test run on their machine, and check it out as well?

• brainwavecreations Thank you for the reply. This is what I'm seeing: https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/6511834?key=938b2d21948c8ed4e3a31af819382875

Can someone see if you get the same lag/glitch? The game is almost unplayable in the first-person view. This happens especially when you turn around quickly.

The events I'm using are the same as the demo which works on my web browser. I have added just some code. Am I doing something wrong with the 3DCamera?

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)