Can I make a game like this with multiplayer?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hello. First of all, sorry for my bad english. I know I can make a game like this. But what I want to ask is whether the Multiplayer plugin allows me to play such a game without any problems. So technically...

I know host change is not possible in Multiplayer plugin. But my game will be a 1v1 game. That is, if the player leaves the game, he is already considered defeated.

My game is a word puzzle game. It is played with 2 people. Turn-based. A person's time is starting and he knows the question. Then it's the next turn. It's actually simple.

I wanted to use Photon, but I don't think I can make that much money from such a small game. And if I make 10 games like this, the price really goes up.

But I know that with construct 3 multiplayer, there can be 500 thousand players in my game instantly. And I will not pay anything for it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I will keep the information of the players on firebase. But I guess it has nothing to do with the multiplayer plugin.

Waiting for comments. Thanks

• With Construct 3 multiplayer there can be 500 maybe.

Coincidentally a turn based game could be made with just Firebase.

• With Construct 3 multiplayer there can be 500 maybe.

Coincidentally a turn based game could be made with just Firebase.

What did you mean when you said maybe 500? I thought there was no CCu limit in the Construct.

As for Firebase, I'm really stuck in the middle. It will be easier for me to do if C3 multiplayer is enough for that. Because I have to manually match rooms with firebase.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok I guess I was thinking of one host working as an authoritative server with many many rooms.

• Technically yes. There isn't any particular numbers limitation on users, especially when dealing with one on one connections. The signaling service tells users where to find each other, and communication then happens directly between the users. It doesn't matter if you have 1 game or 100000 games at the same time, each user is only communicating with one other user.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)