How do I fix these two problems on my Endless Runner? [UNSOLVED]

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
“Two Aliens Adventure” is a fun platformer game! Game with Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported
  • Hi guys!

I'm developing an educational Endless Runner whose character is always standing in the same position with the running animation active. In the background there are layers with Parallax effect to simulate movement (image 1 below).

There are only two obstacles, randomly generated: boxes and drones. Colliding with the box takes it to the left corner, and you can jump over it or walk over it whenever you want.

I created a simple routine that automatically places the character in the original position (x=280) (image 2 below). However, the routine below still doesn't work perfectly, making her stand still on a moving box or be teleported abruptly forward.

I have two doubts:

1. What's the best routine to spawn the drones within a given area on the Y-axis (without making the drones spawn just above the screen).

2. What do you suggest to perfect the box routine (bump and walk on it)?

Thank you in advance for your attention and collaboration.

Image 1

Image 2

• Does anyone have a suggestion?

• See an example for basic runner: dropbox.com/s/kvd7xhj1qdjrm6b/put_cactus.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • See an example for basic runner: dropbox.com/s/kvd7xhj1qdjrm6b/put_cactus.capx

Thank you very mych, dude! :D

Already studying it!

• alextro Your example CAPX is wonderful, but I have a problem: my Endless Runner doesn't randomly generate platforms, but the character is always running on a constant and infinite platform, without elevation variations (like Jetpack Joyride).

When testing here, the character disappears and suddenly appears further on the platform, I believe that due to the rendering of the infinite platform ahead.

Do you have any suggestion to fix this problem?

• What behavior do you use for the character?

• What behavior do you use for the character?

Just "Platform". ^^

• Probably something with character size or it's collision shape. I don't know exactly what happening unless get my hands wet. It's better to not use platform behavior at all since we want is to make character idle on it's x position.

• Probably something with character size or it's collision shape. I don't know exactly what happening unless get my hands wet. It's better to not use platform behavior at all since we want is to make character idle on it's x position.

I tried several things and was unsuccessful. :(

Can I send my CAPX for you to review?

If yes, what is your email?

• Course. Send it to adhidwipaymo@gmail.com

• Course. Send it to adhidwipagit@gmail.com

I sent it now. Thank you very much!

• Done by using lerp. Check your inbox.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)