How do I fix this Platform slope/jump problem?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on candies, collect candies and earn score!!!
  • I just encountered this issue where when I start a jump on a slope, the engine still responds as if I'm still jumping, probably because Vector Y is still growing, but is this a known issue? am I doing something wrong?

note: My jump is me setting Vector Y and not simulating jump. I need it to work this way because I have to reset jumps in walljumps, and the normal simulate jump doesnt have a "reset" like double jumps do.

Tagged:

• This is the super simple line that jumps.

note: When I use "simulate jump" the issue is not present.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was able to fix it with this line, but I'm still thinking if it should be considered a bug? I mean, technically I am jumping, and I'm touching the floor, but the engine doesn't even recognize I'm touching the floor when it goes up the slope like that.

As you can see, I changed the tracking line to recognize "on floor", but it goes up the slope thinking its not on the floor.

• I was able to find the issue. With low "Jump strength" values, the issue occurs, but when I set it to the same value as the Vector Y I'm manually inputing, then the slopes start recognizing landings again.

I'm currently posting this as a bug in the github repo.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)