Enemy Stacks

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • Sounds good. Thank you!

• Here you go final version which is much neater 1drv.ms/u/s!AkmrWgxeuxlKhIcOwK5zIeRyJyPc2A

Hope your project goes well :)

• Thanks!

• I have another question. Hopefully it will be the last one. Would it be possible for them to stack more than three high? I've been messing around a bit with the file trying to make it stack more. Maybe something with that second section would need to be modified, since it says in your note that it doesn't reposition the goombas if there are two children. I just can't figure out what changes need to me made though. Sorry to keep asking questions. You've already helped so much and I really appreciate it!

• I actually figured it out. Here's a link to the file for if anyone ever needs it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xvx1mGOmloY-enNWVpF6JERpLv3_jP7O/view?usp=sharing

• Yep. I just had it set to work with three but using what you added you can scale it. I like the updated pick condition, not sure why I didn't think of that :) If you look at my last link again, you'll see I also removed the need for the Ypos variable and changed some of the set Y expressions from +100 to Imagepoint(1).

• Now I'm trying to make it more modular, so that there can be large stacks of goombas without lots of repeat events. I reworked the top event so that instead of creating goombas at the start of the layout, the top goombas are placed in the editor and then are made into a family at the start of the layout.

Now I'm trying to get the second part more modular. As it is right now, there needs to be falling events that correlate to each possible height the stack can be, if that makes sense. Looking at the file it's probably easier to understand what I mean.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fiwnQcIi-rd9cpqKsXtfJWk5-ZGdMEpG/view?usp=sharing

I'm trying to figure out a way that it could be condensed into one, but I haven't had much luck with it.

I guess just making events for each stack height wouldn't be too bad, it's just lots of copy and pasting, but do you think it could possibly lead to performance issues? Especially if there are lots of stacks in the level.

• It would be much simpler to continue with the original system and just add more top goombas at start. Then in the second section continue with the events you used to extend it to a 4 stack (based on child count). There will be no performance detriment to adding more events in there and the current system is not inefficient.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Would it be okay if I added more than four though? I was thinking of having some that were maybe ten or more high.

• You could have as many or as few as you like. You could define each bottom goomba with a number and use events to determine which ones get certain amounts of top goombas at start. Then if you expand the falling section as I mentioned you could theoretically continue upwards in numbers indefinitely.

So: pick goomba bot with 1 child (then add the fall amount)

pick goomba bot with 2 (add fall amounts)

3 add amounts and so on

• Awesome. Thank you for all your help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)