Enemy Ai, capx attatched. Really struggling

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • If you say compare if player is X then zombie do something, runtime doesn't know which zombie to pick. If there is just one zombie at a time it doesn't matter, yet if there are more... That would be why it doesn't recognize right or left, for it gets confuses about which zombie to reference. The main event where the check sub-event comes from is even an everytick.

the comparison applies to all zombies, doesn't matter if u have 1 or 100 it will calculate for each zombie the distance from the player, whenever one of the zombie instance is in that conditions value turning it true the zombie move, you can specify "for each zombie " condition above it. but it's already doing it for all zombies. its a general condition for that "zombie object".

the main event doesn't need to know which zombie, all it needs to know is if there is a zombie in that range 70 or higher than the system starts moving the zombie in that range.

• Nevermind. I was answering his first post, where, if you take a look at his snippet screenshot, the object compared was the player. and he wasn't comparing to zombie object, but to an expression from the system condition. Simply was the position of a zombie refered, but not its instance picked.

If you say system compare object1 to (position where object2 is) it doesn't pick object2. That was my point. So be two objects2, runtime 'crashes' for there is not fixed reference, but several to choose from at the time of setting animation.

System needs to know which zombie are you talking about, for the action itself is setting a different anination to that specific zombie that is near the player, but not the rest. With the previous one, at the pkayer getting close to ANY zombie without picking, system will animate... which one? It doesn't know.

Now I see after your comments, which I apologize not reading before posting, je changed the comparison to the zombie object, so now it's fine. I got late.

• Thanks Corp,

I just have one type of zombie. I am trying to keep this game basic and not over complicate anything. I think I am doing or trying to do too much. Trying to learn things by studying them. I am going to keep this game simple, utilize my skills and find simple solutions to simple problems and avoid doing anything to funky lol.

I think I am taking the fun out of it by over complicating things or having to high expectations. Before I was trying to find different ways to do the same thing, I am just going to build and publish! - as long as its fun.

I downloaded Unity, I am really keen to learn C# and there are good courses on Udemy. I promised myself I would finish a game on here though. I don't want to quit C3 because I really like it, but I think unity could open up job prospects and really help me learn a valuable skill. Any thoughts?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I downloaded Unity, I am really keen to learn C# and there are good courses on Udemy. I promised myself I would finish a game on here though. I don't want to quit C3 because I really like it, but I think unity could open up job prospects and really help me learn a valuable skill. Any thoughts?

Well Unity definitely would open job prospects, but i think more important C# would open more job prospects than Unity itself, if you learn C# or C++ combine that with some JS and mysql and u become a sort of a full stack dev which is going to get u in a good spot.

Having those knowledges even without a certification in the field, will help a bunch.

My suggestion is do an actual official course that gets you certified in the field you pick, having knowledge of things today without a certification, is equal to zero if you going for a corporate job.

If you planning for freelance stuff or indie team dev then doesn't matter if you are certified or not.

Remember is never to late to learn things.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)