How do u make the dust effect when a monster dies (Undertale)

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • Something like this (1:06)

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Tagged:

• A. Draw it out as animation frames.

B. Export the sprite as many pieces/objects. Scatter each piece like particles the way you want them to.

C. Use stacked, 1px tall canvas objects on top of the sprite. Paste to the canvas object, and manipulate them for the desired result.

Whichever way you choose, there is a fair amount of work involved for a custom effect like this. There isn't a premade one as far as I know.

• A. Draw it out as animation frames.

B. Export the sprite as many pieces/objects. Scatter each piece like particles the way you want them to.

C. Use stacked, 1px tall canvas objects on top of the sprite. Paste to the canvas object, and manipulate them for the desired result.

Whichever way you choose, there is a fair amount of work involved for a custom effect like this. There isn't a premade one as far as I know.

Hm, i see. Definitely a lot of work is involved. If its not too much to ask, can you help me with option C since that seems the best option for me (its ok if u say no because too much work is involved 👍)

• Gave it a shot, it wasn't too bad actually.

dropbox.com/s/3j5efgcnvv1kfwt/dissolve.c3p

• Gave it a shot, it wasn't too bad actually.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j5efgcnvv1kfwt/dissolve.c3p?dl=0

I appropriate spending some time on this. A quick question would be what does "Set bullet angle of motion to random(-160, -20) degrees" mean?

Once again thanks for spending some time on this

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Disable it and see the difference.

• Disable it and see the difference.

oops, I should of probably done that in the first place xd. Thank you for your help 👍

• hi, i didn't made the fade-out effect, but made the circle and other stuff... ehm, for the effect, im pretty sure Gigatron has this effect or had it for Construct 2, not sure if he ported it to C3 tho, forgot how the effect was called.

anyway here is what i have for you hope it helps (not commented but is straight forward, easy to understand)

• hi, i didn't made the fade-out effect, but made the circle and other stuff... ehm, for the effect, im pretty sure Gigatron has this effect or had it for Construct 2, not sure if he ported it to C3 tho, forgot how the effect was called.

anyway here is what i have for you hope it helps (not commented but is straight forward, easy to understand)

Thanks, I learned something from this

• Dissolving each pixel is a bit of a stretch, you could always cheat a little to give an illusion of disintegration.

Disintergrate

Edit

Changed the particles to not use a sprite, much more cpu efficient.

• Dissolving each pixel is a bit of a stretch, you could always cheat a little to give an illusion of disintegration.

Disintergrate

Oh i see. Thanks

• Since this is C3 you could also use the tiledBackground instead of the canvas. You'd still create an instance per slice, but you can set the "offset y" to select the correct part of the image. Could be even used for per pixel, it's just more instances.

The pro is it would use less vram since it's just reusing the one texture.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)