How to download layouts dynamically ?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • A solution for downloading levels, I think you can try using AJAX to pull a JSON/XML file that contains all the available levels/mini-games, and then the positions of sprites etc. are stored in a JSON file, which the client reads and recreates.

Problem is, you can't download event sheet that way as far as I know, so all the event sheets would have to exist in the mobile game client that you put out. If you actually keep each minigame exported as HTML5 games on a webserver and then just display that wrapped in the game client, it may be easier.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah.

Working on mobile makes things harder. We basically need to make a game A that downloads, installs, and run other games B,C,...

Either download them as standalone or embedded in game A is OK, but the more streamlined the process, the better :)

• Hello,

I am making a mobile game that is like a portal for other mini-games.

the mini-games will be developed in the future and will be available on a server.

Each mini-game will have its own Layout, Event Sheet, Images, Audio ..etc.

Is there a way to be able to check for new levels on the server, download the new mini-games and add them to the main game?

The game will be on Android and iOS.

Thanks a lot :)

Tagged:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)