How do I create a lives timer? Any demos?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • C3/Mobile app

I've been working on this for 3 days and getting nowhere.

The player gets 3 lives. When the player dies, a timer should start to count down and once it gets to 0 the player gets another life. (The player earns a life every 30 minutes as long as the lives are under 3) So if the player uses all their lives they have to wait 30 minutes to regain each life. If the player wins, they get a life as long as lives is < 3.

The problem is of course, when the player exits the app. and reopens it the player has 5 lives again.

I've been reading old forum questions, but they are mostly for C2 and many of them are incomplete.

Any directions for this for C3? Maybe a demo?

Thank you.

• You could use the Date plugin, mainly "Date.Now", which will give a real-time amount of seconds passed since the year 1970. It's possible to crack it simply by changing the device clock, but the only real way of making it safe is to have a server that checks the time and gives out the rewards.

• dupuqub,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please explain it little more?

I'm interested in using the device clock, but don't know where to start in setting that up.

Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/date

There are the docs and a bunch of older posts on the subject. It's always useful to look for old posts on the forum because many times people ask the same thing. I know I did, and I could've researched more in the past.

Feel free to ask any doubt you have when trying out the plugin.

• dupuqub,

Thank you.

What I would give for a class on how to understand and implement the manual. Every page gives Conditions & Expressions, but I can't make heads or tales out of how to make them work. I keep looking for a Udemy class on how to understand that.

I did look at a lot of old posts, but many of them use images as examples, but the images no longer show up. Others give links to examples, but the links are dead. And many of the posts are so old that the features have changed.

The most annoying thing is, there are C2 plugins that do literally everything, that can be purchased for under $20 from the website, but none for C3. I found a few amazing C3 plugins for purchase scattered around the internet, but they are nearly impossible to find.

If you build plugins, this type of timer plugin would be a big seller.

I'm going to give it another go tonight. I'll keep you posted.

If I figure it out, I'll post it as a demo.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)