How do I create a double laser gun?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi folks, I understand how to create a lasers coming out of a spaceship. It's done using Image points. Setting the image point, the bullet will come out from the image point.

What if we want to create a double gun with bullet's coming out one from each wing?

DO I have to create a spirte with the distance between the two lasers as the distance between the two wings?

• Multiple Image points.

Check out the video for details:

youtu.be/sbig2dXo5Y0

• Take it 1 step further.

You should create different animations for ship upgrades. And each on can have another image point. Then you can create a check to fire all the point every click.

• Exactly, this is what I was thinking but I'm stuck at the multiple-image points. I'll check the video. THanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah ok, I got it. That's clever, I was trying to have two points in the same "layer" but of course it was easier to set two different image points on separate layers.

For some reason I was trying to have a double image point on the same layer.

Thanks man and keep it up with your YT channel!

Edit. At this point, since the spaceship is tilting. I should create also the tilted animation for the version with the 2 lasers right?

I was thinking about this issue and it seems like if I have let'say two powerups which changes the look of the spaceship, I also need to create x times the tilt of the spaceship with the same graphics. Correct?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)