How Do I Control My PC Via Fingers Gestures?

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hey, fellow Construct enthusiasts! I've got another wild idea. I'm looking to undertake a project that could make my daily routine more convenient or at the very least, more fun.

I want to develop an app that allows me to lock my PC using the camera on my Android phone, and I'd like to trigger this action with specific finger gestures, just like the example in this video (12:29 min.).

I'm wondering if it's possible to create such an app using the Construct 3 engine. The first part, which involves finger gesture recognition, might be achievable with the GESTURE RECOGNIZER by yojona. However, I'm unsure about how to trigger actions on my Windows OS PC based on these gestures.

As always, any ideas and suggestions are extremely appreciated!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can execute any program using NWjs action. For example, to lock your PC on Windows you need to run this command:

Rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

However, making such an app with Construct will be difficult. (unless you only want to make it as a fun project). Mainly because Construct app won't work in background.

• You can execute any program using NWjs action. For example, to lock your PC on Windows you need to run this command:

Rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

However, making such an app with Construct will be difficult. (unless you only want to make it as a fun project). Mainly because Construct app won't work in background.

Hey, dop2000

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It seems like it's time to dive into the NW.js documentation.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)