How do I use children (or clones) as bumpmap?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Add emotion, innocence, joy and cuteness to your video game with these 15 songs and 9 SFX
  • Hello! As the title suggested, I think I want to use the children to apply the effect "bumpmap".

The catch is that the child should be the same as the object's parent with the same animation and the same frame. A true clone with only no collision effects and bumpmap effect on, all implemented by events (so no manual).

If I use the "spawn another object" action, the object spawns with the first animation and first frame as default.

I can't use the "set animation" and "set animation frame" actions to point to the original object's animation and frame.

I can use the "Pick last created" event to apply bumpmap and no collision, but I can't change animation or frame in any way.

As a patch-eye solution, I duplicated the interested object so the game could easily understand what is what and who is who. But these are two different objects.

I just want one. If by any chance I have to change one of these objects aesthetically, the map effect wouldn't fit.

So to sum up, I want that the object in question can spawn another identical object with the same position, size, animation, frame, but at the same time with no collisions and with the bumpmap effect on.

Thank you for reading!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello again! I think I have solved this myself. Yes, I thank you for letting me giving time to find out a way. Sometimes this is the best way for a novice.

Short answer: use canvas and the "paste object".

Long answer: I remember lecturing me about the "reflection" effect and someone suggested using the canvas, which to be frank it's a feature I never used.

Anyway, I did my tests, and overall I thought that the reflection was not needed.

I closed the experiment and moved on.

Just a couple of hours ago, At 2 AM, I got a brain blast: Use a canvas with a bump map effect on it.

After all, the idea behind the mapping effect is that you "map" the area. So, it's as if it takes a picture of the map and uses an effect on it.

Place your canvas(es?) in the preferred layer(s) with the bumpmap effect on it and use this as a base for your event code.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)