How do I Check for future collations on path.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
professionally animated characters with Brashmonkey Spriter !
  • making a puzzle simple puzzle game where you need to get all blocks outside of the layout, but they only move one way. I wand them to toggle a boolen right before they overlap a solid. Example(You click a block, it goes up. Is about to hit another block. It stops, and goes back to it's spot). Any way to test for this?

Tagged:

• There is an action you can use - "Sprite Is Overlapping at offset". For example, if you want to check if it will collide with another object 20 pixels to the right, use X offset 20.

• The blocks move using custom move. Using the forward action. I need to check based on angle of motion and or just angle. Thanks.

• I'm not sure I understand your question, please post a demo project file or some pictures.

• I'm not sure I understand your question, please post a demo project file or some pictures.

Pic: awesomescreenshot.com/image/34377283

I want them to move where the arrow is facing, if about to collide. Stop and go to old location. Need help with the collision. I try to make everything easy to use. The blocks can have there direction changed by rotating them in editor. But i want it to check if the path motion is set on if it is a few pixels away from another block.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Checking for "Overlapping at offset" should still work here. Just set the right X and Y offset for every arrow direction.

And if you need to check for collision between two instances of the same sprite object, you will have to add it to a family:

Sprite is overlapping SpriteFamily at offset X:20 Y:0

• Checking for "Overlapping at offset" should still work here. Just set the right X and Y offset for every arrow direction.

And if you need to check for collision between two instances of the same sprite object, you will have to add it to a family:

Sprite is overlapping SpriteFamily at offset X:20 Y:0

I want them to be easy to setup. All one object. They move based on angle. Will it still work like that?

• Yes. Add to a family, check for overlapping at offset.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)