Bullet Penetration

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • I am making a top down shooter game, and I want an element of bullet penetration. This means bullets can pass through solid objects under the right conditions. But I cant get a bullet to go through a solid object, even when I use collision filters.

Does anyone have any advice?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Helix0 There are a couple of actions that may help. They are listed under Misc sprite actions. 1 sets the "bullets" detection of solids on or off and the other is a filter where you can tell it to ignore specific objects completely. To see what I mean set up an on start of layout click add action choose your sprite and take a look under Misc you'll see see this (don't mind the doodle lol).

You can do things like when bullet on collision with "object" and object is playing a certain animation or is a certain frame then ignore the collision. Hard to explain but basically you can "ignore or penetrate" an object wearing specific say armor or turn on armor penetration when a certain gun is equipped things like that. I can go more in depth if needed just let me know. Hope this helps.

• Worked Perfectly, thank you!!!!

• No problem! Best of luck on your game!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)