Buggy purchase screen + Local Storage

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hello guys!

I have a live game with some content locked. Lock/unlock is controlled by Unlocked variable and stored on localstorage (see image).

When testing I get this to work, but not 100% of times. Some people did the purchase but never got the unlocked state, so I had to refund them.

I'm not sure what is wrong here or how could I solve the issue of always making sure I got my Unlocked to 1 and save it to the storage once the purchase is done, and before people abandon the screen.

Thank you for your time!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I thought the app stores tracked purchases, should you be using local storage?

• I thought the app stores tracked purchases, should you be using local storage?

You mean that instead of having the unlocked variable saved, I do actually check iin the main layout whether I have the item and flag the variable from there? I think it's something I can try, actually. It may solve of the cache issues I have with updates.

The only two issues I see are:

Will this work with no internet connection?

Will it get the info fast enough not to show the banner I have in the main screen? (By this purchase you get rid of ads)

Thank you for your response!

• I'm only really familiar with android and I know that Google cache the purchases on the user's device so it should work while offline.

That's correct what you wrote in the last post if I'm understanding it correctly, you can use a variable to toggle something when you receive info about the purchases, not to track whether they have purchased something on a long term basis.

I know it's not good to use local storage to track purchases as people can swap devices and then the purchases are missing. For the banner I guess design the events in a way that you don't start showing banners until you've checked for the purchase.

• I'm only really familiar with android and I know that Google cache the purchases on the user's device so it should work while offline.

That's correct what you wrote in the last post if I'm understanding it correctly, you can use a variable to toggle something when you receive info about the purchases, not to track whether they have purchased something on a long term basis.

I know it's not good to use local storage to track purchases as people can swap devices and then the purchases are missing. For the banner I guess design the events in a way that you don't start showing banners until you've checked for the purchase.

Thank you!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)