Which is the best practice for a space shooter Bg?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi folks, I'm creating a space shooter for learning purpose. I created an infinite background and all is working fine.

What If I wanted to create a structured background where for example the player at the beginning sees the Militaruy base, than he flyes over a desert, he sees rivers, piramids and other elements which stays in place and are not random sprites.

I mean what if I'd like to create a specific world to fly over?

My idea is to create a 720xThousands long bg sprite but I understand this is not doable because of system performance...or it is doable?

Just trying to understand the best practice. Thanks

• The way I tackled this option:

I created several (The amount can change to your liking - obviously more is going to be a larger file) backgrounds

Each background was a small repeatable background (Or what you labeled an infinite background)

After I traveled 12000 distance units it would change to background 2 -> then 18000 changed to background 3

This allows you to show scenario changes while keeping each one smallish

If you use this:

I suggest setting your infinite background as you already made as animation 1 - then adding the 2nd 3rd etc as new animations

• Oh this is a nice idea. Use one sprite with different animations. Sounds cool. I have to try it. Thanks for the tip.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, how you calculate the distance units?

• I am not sure if there is a built in. But how I have done it before is with a check to verify the unit is moving. Then every tick add a fraction of that movespeed to the total distance traveled.

youtu.be/9rBQZYb9JcY

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)