How do I batch resize object images?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Hello there :)

I've made my sprites in a high resolution that isn't really that necessary, and sadly I realized it a bit late in the proccess (the sprites are hand drawn 2d art, and as much as quality is important, they could be smaller to consume less memory).

Is there a way for me to resize those images without having to go to the editor, select each object and resize every animation?

As I want to save some memory, downscaling doesn't do much on that. I just wanna know if there's a way to batch resize the base images to like 50% of their original size. Be it on the editor or on the exporter settings.

Thank you in advance! :)

• You can save a project as a folder (or with .c3p files, rename them to .zip and extract it). Then all the images are separate files, so you could use an external tool that can batch-resize image files. Zip the files and rename it back to .c3p and it's a C3 project again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can save a project as a folder (or with .c3p files, rename them to .zip and extract it). Then all the images are separate files, so you could use an external tool that can batch-resize image files. Zip the files and rename it back to .c3p and it's a C3 project again.

Sorry for the delay on answering this. :)

I've done what you said and it worked (for the resize part, that is), but I can't seem to get the project back on Construct. When I rename the file extension back to a c3p, I can't import it back. I just get a message saying "Failed to open project. Check if it is a valid Construct 3 single-file (c3p) project".

Any idea as to why this is happening?

• Press F12 and check the browser console for any errors. I would guess you made a mistake and accidentally corrupted the project, such as by renaming an image file. Also make sure the zip has all the files in the root and not in a subfolder.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)