Animation Event Do The Exact Opposite Of What I Expected

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • Hi,

I've imported an animation for my character in my dungeon-crawler RPG

I've set up my event sheet like so

But it appears to have the opposite effect from what I intended. As you can see, the animation happens when my character is standing still. When my character moves, the animation stops.

http://www.giphy.com/gifs/kUUS9Cexpb5Ygprjfh

I'd like the opposite.

I've tried to use system/else conditions but that doesn't work either.

Thanks.

• Just letting you know that you are never stopping the animation, so it animates when not moving.

Great point! There is no "is not moving" with tile movement, just "is moving"

So how do I make it animate when it is moving, and stop when it is not moving?

• > Just letting you know that you are never stopping the animation, so it animates when not moving.

Great point! There is no "is not moving" with tile movement, just "is moving"

So how do I make it animate when it is moving, and stop when it is not moving?

If you need to check when is not Moving you can Do:

"is moving" <<<<<< Then right-click on that Event and chose "Invert" is the one with the Red X

This will give you the Negative = "Is Not Moving"

The invert thing you can use it with any Event to make the Negative

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • May be easier to split it into 2 animations STANDING and MOVING

Then add if MOVING not playing start MOVING animation, that way it will only start once if it's not already moving or if STANDING is playing. MOVING animation should also be set to loop

Then add events to switch to STANDING animation when you stop moving

• Then right-click on that Event and chose "Invert" is the one with the Red X

OH MY GOODNESS. This whole time I was wondering WHY nobody put "is not moving" into the event screen. This is awesome! Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)