Wrap Behavior Issues

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi I'm trying to get my mesh to wrap seamlessly horizontally using the wrap behavior but there are always gap between the wrapped meshes when they get re positioned.

Each of the meshes is exactly half the width of the layout.

Ive tried changing the parallax and scaling settings for the layer but I get the same result every time.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Tagged:

• Some more things to try include changing fullscreen scaling quality and pixel rounding. Maybe try using 3 overlapping objects instead of two to cover the seams.

Hard to tell what the issue is from your description alone.

• Thanks. I tried the 2 suggestions but I still get the seams. I have attached an image.

The hill meshes should scroll right to left without seams. Above are sprites only (without a mesh) and they have the same problem.

• dropbox.com/s/xhku2gdc8b2njwe/wrapseamexample.c3p

Seams occasionally appear while in motion without pixel rounding, but the issue goes away with pixel rounding.

Further things you can attempt are to make sure your dimensions are whole numbers and your image edges are solid without stretching/scaling.

• Thanks, I don't have that beta version unfortunately so cant run your example, although I've tried both with and without pixel rounding and the effect is exactly the same. I get gaps any way I try. I thought this was going to take 5 minutes, but I've been stuck on it all day:(

No stretching edges and everything is snapped to the c3 grid. It uses whole numbers and dt to move each hill like this..

set position x to Self.X-5

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In the end I solved this by getting rid of the wrap behavior completely and basing the repositioning of the object on its own width rather than the edges of the screen.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)