Why can't we buy a month?

For what it's worth, I've found moving to C3 has been a breath of fresh air. I am sure the convenience of being able to simply open the project on my lunch break at work in a browser will actually encourage me use it more.

I really liked C2. I like C3 more now I've taken the step.

Completely appreciate the economics for Scirra behind the subscription model too.

Psychologically, it may be an age related thing that was putting me off a subscription service (I'm probably older than most of the users). If, as The Mnk mentioned it was an annual release with a version upgrade cost, weirdly, I don't think that would bother me - but it's pretty much the same thing except you can keep using the older model if you wanted.

They lose money if people don't buy it for a straight year. Is my quick response.

This can help me understand this business model:

Other companies in the past, e.g. in the 90s, did a waterfall style model where they released updates every year or so, incremented the version number, boxed it up, sent it to the shop shelves (who does that any more?) and sold it all over again. In this day and age, and particularly with browser-based software, this is out of date. Besides, you still end up with the "I have to pay again" complaints. This is also exactly what I anticipated:

Thank you.

With suspicions I'm afraid you're wrong, well ... how should I then ask the question so you do not suspect bad intentions?

If you have that suspicion then it seems good to leave it here, I do not want to go down that road although I see no problem in which you contribute your arguments to defend the subscription business model, even when you do not like the questions because, as I said before, now I can understand something better.

giphy.com/gifs/t9ctG5MZhyyU8/html5

Lock this and if any more posts appear about monthly subscriptions just direct them here to Ashley's response. Also to note that OP started this fire and disappeared which is against forum rules.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I agree, so closing this thread.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)