Where to report bugs & post suggestions

• If you run in to a bug or issue in Construct 3, please post it to the GitHub issue tracker here:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

If you have suggestions for new features or improvements in Construct 3, we have a feature suggestion platform here which lets everyone vote on their favourite ideas:

https://construct3.ideas.aha.io

Please look for existing ideas before submitting a new one. It's better to get all votes on the same idea than spreading it around.

• Hello. I think that a lot of construct users are not going to report their bugs for the only reason that they have to go to another website (github) and make another account just for helping scirra on their work. It would be much easier to have a bugs section on the construct forum because most users have an account there.

• I know it's slightly inconvenient to sign up another account, but the GitHub issue system is much more suitable for dealing with bug reports. For example you can assign issues to a developer, tag issues, assign them to milestones, properly handle open/closed state, etc., none of which is easy to manage on a forum. It's been a great help for us being able to do our jobs efficiently since we moved from the forum to GitHub.

• I think many construct users are not going to report their bugs because they have to go to another website (github) and make another account just for helping scirra on their work. It would be a no brainer and a lot easier to have a "bugs section" on the construct forum since most users have an account there

• I think many construct users are not going to report their bugs because they have to go to another website (github) and make another account just for helping scirra on their work. It would be a no brainer and a lot easier to have a "bugs section" on the construct forum since most users have an account there

It is not a "no brainer".

You are posting in a year old topic.

If you just had taken the time to go and check out the distant website, you would have seen that serious users created an account and are making reports.

So yes, not all users will do, but at the same time it does a nice job of filtering useless bug reports to focus only on those that can be investigated and treated.

This is a community effort because Scirra does not have the resources to test out all possible outcomes and configurations/hardware existing.

You can read more on the subject and choices of dealing with bug reports in this article : construct.net/en/blogs/ashleys-blog-2/blame-in-technology-and-the-aardvark-case-948

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's a new user who replied with more-or-less a copy-paste of an earlier reply, so... probably a bot. Don't get sucked in :P Closing this thread now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)