the size of playable ad

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • as i know playable ads got to be less than 2 mb, but c3runtime weight 1.5 MB or more with behaviors, and already no place for media and images

In my case, ready HTML file weight 3.7 MB is on 2 times bigger

So is it possible to decrease the size of the c3runtime?

• If I create a new empty project and export it with all minification/recompression options enabled, the result is just 210kb zipped. This is a very small overhead compared to many other tools (some of which have several megabytes overhead).

Adding plugins and behaviors will slightly increase that, but their script sizes are usually pretty small. If I add Sprite, Platform behavior and Solid behavior to the empty project and export again, it increases to 220kb - it only added 10kb.

Most of the rest will be the content of your project, which is in your hands!

• zipped.

but faceboook requires HTML file, no?

if zipped yes, my game took 1.9 with all resources

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think Facebook accepts a zip too. To be honest their rules aren't very clear and in some cases are self-defeating: the requirement to put everything in a single HTML file actually makes the file size larger, due to base64 encoding, and if you aren't allowed to zip the HTML file then obviously you'll have a larger file size too. So if you can, use a zip, but a single HTML file should still only be 30% larger or so than an equivalent web export even without compression.

• I think Facebook accepts a zip too. To be honest their rules aren't very clear and in some cases are self-defeating: the requirement to put everything in a single HTML file actually makes the file size larger, due to base64 encoding, and if you aren't allowed to zip the HTML file then obviously you'll have a larger file size too. So if you can, use a zip, but a single HTML file should still only be 30% larger or so than an equivalent web export even without compression.

yeah, strange requirements

if zip is ok, so, the limit is 5 MB there

really confusing

btw,

Ashley, you did a really great job, playable ads export works well, and exported games also work well even with effects

I will promote C3 in the telegram channels for gamedevs

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)