Problem with Mobile Advert conditions on android

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • As I understand, when exporting to web, conditions such as "On Rewarded Ready" will always trigger, whether or not a valid ad unit ID is provided. I assume this is because of Google's Ad Placement API?

So, here's my problem: when running as an APK on a mobile device, "On Reward Ready" will randomly trigger even if I'm offline, like 20% of the time. There should be nothing to load, yet it triggers anways.(I tested this by creating a boolean to set true)

It seems that the export still acts like a web export...Sometimes. I guess if there was a way to completely disable Google's Ad Placement API in the Mobile Advert plugin that would probably solve my problem.

This seems like a bug.

Edit:

To add some context, the Mobile Advert conditions "On Reward Loaded" and "On Reward Ready" (named "On Video Ready/Loaded" in that version) worked exactly as expected and still do on my published app back in november 2020, so probably on r241 or so. I came back to make a few changes and update ad units, and then I noticed this strange behavior. Is there no way to toggle off the example web ads? These seem to trick the plugin into thinking an ad is loaded even if using admob. I feel web adverts should be a whole separate plugin.

Another Edit:

I submitted a bug report. After digging through some older posts I noticed this was a recurring problem, but viewed from a different angle.

Most users concerns were along the lines of "Why aren't my ads loading?" and the assumption is that it was either user error, or something wrong on the admob end of things. My observation is that the admob ads ARE loading, but there's also a bunch false positives being mixed in by the Mobile Advert plugin. I think because of the amount of steps and variables along the way (Valid admob account, google play console setup, app id, ad units, proper export to APK) it's really difficult to pinpoint.

However, I was fortunate to publish a working app back in r241, with Mobile Adverts and admob working as expected (still does last time I checked), so I knew none of the external steps were the issue.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)