Pin 3D shape to an image point of another 3D shape - can we? Or plans to do so?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • C3/Mobile Game

I need to pin a 3D mallet to a 3D player, so the player can swing the mallet and knock off the objects (at speed). The mallet and the player need to be separate but attached because if the 3D player hits the object and not the 3D mallet then the player loses speed points.

The player will have several different options, not only a mallet, there is also a chainsaw, pointy stick, punching glove on a spring and a gun. I need to let the player change the 3D shapes on demand during the game.

When I tried it, I wasn't successful. When I asked in the FB group, I'm told it isn't an option to pin a 3D shape to another 3D shape at a specific image point. Will that be an option in the future?

Is there a creative work around that someone can share?

The 3D shapes don't necessarily need to be attached - the mallet doesn't need to be in the player's hand, - but if the 3D mallet is beside the 3D player moving at the same angle/speed as the player and the mallet was at the same height as the player's hand that would work (especially since C3 has that overlap issue).

Thank you.

Tagged:

• That's kind of complicated, even in true 3d engines. They will probably avoid things like having to deal with gimbal lock.

You can change the frame as a workaround.

• newt

Do you mean make a frame with the player and the mallet together?

The problem there is, if the player runs into the object the player loses points.

If the mallet hits the object that player gains points. If the player jumps over the object it's a draw.

I need to keep the player and the mallet separate because of collisions.

I was thinking of setting the 3D objects beside each other and keep it constant using every tick, but it's a mobile game and every tick can slow things down so I haven't tried that yet. I was hoping for an alternative for an every tick.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 3d image points don't exist (at least not yet), but would adding the mallet as a child of the player solve your problem?

• newt

Do you mean make a frame with the player and the mallet together?

The problem there is, if the player runs into the object the player loses points.

If the mallet hits the object that player gains points. If the player jumps over the object it's a draw.

I need to keep the player and the mallet separate because of collisions.

I was thinking of setting the 3D objects beside each other and keep it constant using every tick, but it's a mobile game and every tick can slow things down so I haven't tried that yet. I was hoping for an alternative for an every tick.

There are no 3d collisions. You would make two 2d hitboxes. That's the only place you can pin things.

• BaconSwagg,

That is a very interesting idea. I'm not entirely sure how to do that, but I'm going to try that next.

Thank you.

~eDee

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)