Performance-friendly blur or similar effect?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • This is reasonably fast if you use a button and css, but I'm afraid it sits on top of canvas.

http://www.sizzle-games.com/mona/

Just click on image to blur in/out

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SnipG Thanks, this effect doesn't seem to affect the performance at all. Unfortunately, it's not very nice looking, it adds horizontal and vertical stripes/artefacts to some images. If nothing else works, I'll use it, as it's definitely the fastest!

DiegoM Yeah, that was my other idea, but with Drawing Canvas. Apply blur to a sprite, paste it on Drawing Canvas, hide the sprite. At the end of the level, remove Drawing Canvas, re-show the sprite, slowly remove the blur.

• Yeah, that was my other idea, but with Drawing Canvas. Apply blur to a sprite, paste it on Drawing Canvas, hide the sprite. At the end of the level, remove Drawing Canvas, re-show the sprite, slowly remove the blur.

Ended up doing that, but instead of slowly removing the blur, I fade out the Drawing Canvas over an unblurred sprite - it looks good and doesn't lag on mobile.

Thanks for all tips!

• have you tried using paster plugin to set incrementaly lower resolution?

• hugone Paster plugin doesn't work in Construct 3

• hugone Paster plugin doesn't work in Construct 3

Sorry I missed that detail dop2000...

yes... the main reason for me not to use C3 still its because its absence of Paster Plugin, nevertheless there its paster for c3 (c2 runtime)... and seems it works good, but again the problem is scirra will not support c2 runtime soon)..

Hope there will be a way in future for the scirra team to allow changes in canvas in c3... if not the only way to get stuck in c2

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)